CMS eDesign Terms
- Navigation styles: A few styles of navigation such as indented navigation and space between headings cannot be offered with this product, clients would need to choose a bespoke or standard website. Others can be viewed here. Suitable suggested styles can be found here: Navigation : Banners.
- Hosting charges:
We have included the cost of your first year's hosting as part of this package. After the first year (1 year from date of ordering) a hosting fee will be due on the order date.
The price of hosting will be in line with our competitors for a similar package. This will always reflect that of the largest hosting company in europe, fasthosts, for a similar package and currently stands at £99 per annum.
Special CMS terms
- FTP: To protect the code behind your site, and therefore our intellectual capital, your site must remain on our servers . Whilst FTP access and the installation on a clients server is not standard, an additional cost can be added to allow for this and the encrypting of the sites PHP files, arranged prior to a project commencement.
- Browser compatibility: We embrace the latest technologies, and as such all our page templates are built in table-less CSS layouts. This has the benefits of easier maintenance and adjustment, assures your webpage is both forward and backward compatible with new browsers, complies with accessibility legislation and is better for search engines.
CSS is best viewed in Internet Explorer 5.0 and above and is not suitable for Internet Explorer 4 (less than 0.2% of people use I.E.4).
The template can be built in tables to cater for Internet Explorer 4 on request, but then all responsibilities to ensure your code is accessible pass to you.
- Support and training : To support our software and train clients we have a comprehensive online help guide which is easy to use and constantly updated (this can be viewed in our online demo).
Whilst every effort will be made to ensure our clients are able to use, what is, an easy administration system, clients unable to set out a page using "Microsoft Word" will be deemed as being too inexperienced with computers to use a cms system. In the case of the added service of personalised training, an offer to train an alternative staff member will be made.
This training will enable our clients to add their site content. In the case of an online store this will include product information. We can help add this data in one go, if given a CSV file that is suitable.
Our content addition services can be supplied at an added cost or a solution that includes this service, can be chosen.
- Maintenance:We have a policy of fixing all bugs within the system once they have been raised using our bug tracker. These bug fixes updates will then be available to all customers.
We have a range of maintenance options depending on your needs:
- In-built: Within the system clients may back up their site and database in case of failure or accidental deletion.
- Lifetime: Lifetime software upgrades are available for £99 per year, we aim to release at least one major upgrade per year, and several minor releases.
- Managed: We can maintain your whole site for you, this can include anything from writing fresh content to managing your members.
- SEO: We have a range of search engine maintenance options that can be used regularly or as one-offs
Our servers are supported by fasthosts, one of Europe's biggest hosts, and clients can make them and our engineers aware of any problems via an online form, 24hours a day.
- Site ownership: Naturally whilst we must protect our underlying code, ownership of your sites copyright, design and pages, as available in your CMS, is provided to all clients as standard.
- List sections: Your site will have one news list page (section), As an extra, the news headings can also be displayed on any page including your home page. Other similar sections can also be added for jobs, events etc.
- Images: In eVamp packages we develop our clients new site to mirror the appearance and coding of their own. We reserve the right to refuse poorly coded sites or offer the eDesign option.
In eDesign packages our graphic designers will include an image within the sites banner, chosen by our client from an online image stock source we use.
The cost of this image will be included. An alternative image can be provided by our client and added for free if correctly sized, optimised and formatted in .jpg format.
To see the design process please: click here.
Temporary placement images may be used within designs, to demonstrate layouts. These should be removed before launch, if they are not supplied by our client.
In all packages the clients current logo and corporate image is used unless extra graphic design services have been agreed. Our logo will be included in any website designs and can be removed for a fee.
- Site stats: Basic Site Stats are available as standard, these show how many times each page has been visited and a report allows you to see your most popular pages. Additional advanced stats can be added on demand.
- Your store is preset to offer sales in English with UK pounds via the payment providers PayPal, SECPay, Protx and WorldPay. Other payment configurations are available at an extra charge.
- Refunds, when offered at our discretion, will be restricted to any unused elements of our services. The refund is also subject to an administration fee of up to 30%, to cover our expenses.
- We offer to export information to and from your store, as an extra service, on our shop solutions.
Prices exclude VAT where applicable